After reading the “Date A Girl Who Reads” article, I knew someone out there would have written a response with “Date A Girl Who Writes”. Thus, here it is. I wish I knew who to credit for this, but I couldn’t find a name.
Date a girl who writes because she will be able to recall in detail the dialog between you two, and while it gets you in trouble, it’s endearing and sweet at the same time that she remembers. This also forces you to choose your words carefully and you will become an expert in diction.
Date a girl who writes because she understands the complexities of characters, and knows you are more than your successes, failures, winnings, or losses. She loves all the layers of you, all the deep parts and even the shallow. When you are acting like the villain, she will see the goodness in you. When you are the hero, she’ll still secretly admire your flaws. All the depths of you become her big adventure.
Date a girl who writes because she will give you the most beautiful settings you’ve ever seen. She writes about the paradises she imagines, the paradises she has been to, and shares them with you.
Date a girl who writes because sometimes a little silence is welcome.
Date a girl who writes because the post-it on your refrigerator reminding you to buy milk will be original and full of adorable metaphors. And because she is so creative, she’ll put the post-it in your shoe rather than on your fridge.
In the fairy tale that is your life together, she will always make you prince charming, and happily ever after is a guarantee.
Date a girl who writes because when the poetry dies, she will make sure her prose keeps you alive.
Date a girl who writes because she understands the value of word choice, and will mean everything she says to you.
Date a girl who writes because she will ask you interesting things like “What does your name mean?” so that she may use it in a book someday. Not to mention you get to have a better understanding of yourself when you Google your own name.
She’s always looking for the page-turner, which becomes quite exciting for you.
The storyline will never have to end. She will write all the sequels that keep your love breathing. And just so that you remember all the things you love about her, she’ll make sure to include prequels too.
You’ll never have to worry about dementia, amnesia, or Alzheimer’s in your later life. She has already written out your story so that you may remember each other forever.
Buying gifts for her is oh-so-simple because she knows the incredible worth of a pen and paper.
She’ll write you emails because the laptop is her friend, but prefers to show you how she cares by painstakingly writing you pages upon pages of letters when you two are separated.
Date a girl who writes because she can take criticism and turn it into wit, disappointment into accomplishment, and sadness into laughter with the wave of her pen.
Sex is like a dirty, raunchy romantic novel you don’t dare read in public.
She will spend her life coming up with a thousand different ways to tell you how incredible you are as she is not fond of repetition. But the words she will wear out is “I love you,” because even she knows there is no better substitute for them in the history of writing.
Date a girl who writes because you will be her muse, her inspiration. Without you, she will have writer’s block. Or write the greatest tragedy since Cleopatra and Mark Antony. Either way, you are the man she will always write.
Everyday she fascinates you with a new genre. Today she is Romance, tomorrow Philosophy.
Date a girl who writes because when the cold winter of life traps you in old age, there will be somebody there to describe for you the summers in Paris, heat in Arabian nights, and tropical forests in South America so that you feel the warmth of adventure as if you were there. And so, in the twilight of your life, you will feel the touch of youth.
And finally, you must date a girl who writes because it is she who will allow you to live forever. With just her pen, she will make sure that you never grow old nor die nor fade, remembered for generations to come. A character in one of her stories, you will be given the gift of immortality.
- smilingbrownies likes this
- alliemcallie likes this
- stray-zephyr likes this
- rosalovergirl likes this
- searchingpaperdreams likes this
- obliviatedelenasorrows reblogged this from katrinadavid
- obliviatedelenasorrows likes this
- savedmefromstrikingout likes this
- thisplacearcadia likes this
- amberaimelalune reblogged this from katrinadavid
- amberaimelalune likes this
- ratherdiesmiling reblogged this from katrinadavid
- eridanni164 reblogged this from eridanni164
- creativecourt likes this
- inakingdombytheseaaa likes this
- romancandles-and-coffee reblogged this from transcendingthepage
- polaroidmermaid likes this
- payesakinensis reblogged this from katrinadavid
- not-your-average-pole-dancer reblogged this from katrinadavid
- not-your-average-pole-dancer likes this
- cflores2309 reblogged this from katrinadavid and added:
- cflores2309 likes this
- iclaimzagga reblogged this from salsabeela
- iclaimzagga likes this
- a-memory-in-the-making reblogged this from katrinadavid
- hungrynclueless reblogged this from katrinadavid and added:
- run-like-y0u-st0le-s0mething likes this
- arielhiromi reblogged this from coolamulet
- arielhiromi likes this
- musicgirl808 reblogged this from katrinadavid
- musicgirl808 likes this
- goodnight-cruel-world likes this
- sylvielewa reblogged this from mostlyieatburritos
- crystalc1 reblogged this from thatawkwardotomefan
- crystalc1 likes this
- fatally3103 reblogged this from blackhare0
- 2dversus3d reblogged this from drawthecurtainstarttheplay
- 2dversus3d likes this
- burgersandbasketball likes this
- ventosin reblogged this from blackhare0
- weallliveinastupidbunnysuit reblogged this from blackhare0
- sugar-free-sixes likes this
- little-slice-of-life likes this
- straighttilmorning likes this
- thinkingofotome likes this
- blackhare0 reblogged this from mostlyieatburritos
- hot-chocolate-dreams likes this
- mostlyieatburritos reblogged this from transcendingthepage
- satoonosam likes this